Real quick, here’s a delicious apricot-ginger coffee cake I made up last night to take to a girlfriend brunch-and-clothing-swap. I’m taking this plus like 4 bags of clothes and shoes to pawn off on someone else. Man, I love clothing swaps. It feels really good to get rid of stuff.
It also feels good to share coffee cake with your friends. Try it!Print
Apricot-Ginger Coffee Cake
- Yield: 12
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 ounces chopped dried apricots (3/4 cup)
- 1 ounce chopped crystallized ginger (2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and flour a 9×12″ cake pan.
- Combine apricots, ginger, and orange juice and mix.
- Cream butter and sugars well. Add flour and combine.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the butter/sugar/flour mixture and set aside for topping.
- To the remaining mixture, add the apricot mixture, milk, egg, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine the 1/2 cup reserved butter mixture and the almonds and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes.