Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Author: Hilah Johnson
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons (plus more for serving) Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Rice Krispies, cracker crumbs or Panko bread crumbs
Blue cheese dip:
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
Optional for serving:
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced or grated
- 4-6 large lettuce leaves, washed and chilled
- Get a baking sheet ready with a rack. Oil the rack. Set the oven to 425ºF.
- Cut the chicken into “tender-sized” pieces, about 3/4″ wide by 2-3 inches long.
- Mix the melted butter with the Frank’s and the salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Roll the chicken pieces in this and let sit for 5-10 minutes while you heat the oven, then roll in crumbs. Lay on the rack, leaving some space between.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until they are firm to the touch and the crumbs are browned.
- Mix up dressing/dip ingredients and set aside
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and extra hot sauce or make into lettuce wraps with Romaine lettuce leaves, diced carrots and celery with blue cheese dressing.