This couscous salad recipe is a perfect make-ahead salad for days when you just can’t be bothered to give a flyin’ fark. I mean, just look at it. It’s beautiful. A salad like this will cheer you up (and fill you up) in two seconds flat.
Back to the couscous salad recipe, here it is. Feel free to add some cooked chickpeas or kidney beans or cheese to this for extra vegetarian protein, or top it with leftover grilled or roasted chicken for non-vegetarian protein.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified of new videos.
Couscous Salad Video
Couscous Salad Recipe – Printable!Print
Couscous Salad Recipe
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- 1 cup whole wheat instant couscous
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup diced sweet pepper, red or yellow
- 1/2 cup mixed pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds
- Put the couscous in a large heat-safe bowl with the garlic and coriander. Pour boiling water over and cover with a plate. Let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Let cool at room temperature while you chop the vegetables.
- Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice over the couscous and toss gently.
- Fold in remaining ingredients except almonds and taste to adjust for salt.
- Add almonds right before serving to keep crunchy.
To add protein, fold in cooked chick peas and/or crumbled feta or goat cheese.