HHH025 Interview with Laurel Kinney Personal Stylist
Laurel Kinney is the brainiac stylist behind my gorgeous wardrobe in all my promo photos and the photos in my Learn to Cook book. She’s a supportive friend, a creative and successful entrepreneur, and she’s hilarious. So basically the whole package! In this interview with Laurel Kinney, we learn what is a personal stylist and wardrobe consultant — with business tips! — and how science proves that clothing affects your behavior. We discuss the merits of capsule wardrobes, athleisure wear, and how buying white pants might make you more mindful overall.
- Missionary’s Downfall
- Beachbum Berry Remixed book
- Lobster, Waffles, Spanakopita videos
- Business tip #1 (fake it til you make it)
- What IS “personal style”?
- Crazy Train
- Ideas for your old band t-shirts
- Business tip #2 (choose your clients)
- Science proves that clothes affect your behavior
- Embodiment research
- Benefits of a capsule wardrobe
- Capsule Wardrobe styling
- What’s a neutral?
- How to start a capsule wardrobe
- Sit up straight
- Business tip #3 (focus and persistence)
- Learn to Cook book
- Business tip #4 (build relationships)
- Vacation wardrobe packing tips
- Skinny jeans are a new classic
- Most stylish horror characters
- Virtual styling services
- Business tip #5 (taking client feedback)
- Laurel’s Latest Newsletter
You can listen to the episode and subscribe on iTunes or on Soundcloud here. Please leave a review/rating to help others find the show, and if you have any suggestions about future guests feel free to let me know by leaving a comment on this page or tweet me @hilahcooking!
Our Spanakopita Video