Episode Five of 2 Shots 1 Take! Long Island Iced tea with Rachel of Rachel’s English.
Long Island Iced Teas (or LIIT) have a reputation for being the kind of drink that only Ivy League rich kids from the 1980s and sad, broken, alcoholic bankers’ wives after they take their kids to school drink. But that is an unnecessarily complicated way of denigrating such a wonderful drink as this. LIIT has a noble heritage that dates back to Prohibition, or the 70′s depending on whom you choose to believe. Regardless, though, I think you should try one. And I do mean, ONE. These are incredibly easy to drink without skipping a beat. Be careful. For real.
- 5 ounce sour mix (see note below for homemade sour mix)
- 1 ounce gold tequila
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 2 ounces cola
- Combine alcohol and sour mix in a pitcher with ice. Stir to combine and chill.
- Fill two tall iced tea glasses with ice and strain Long Island Iced Tea over.
- Top with one ounce cola, each.
- Garnish with lime or lemon wedge.