Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe Video
If you’ve been following my show for a while, you probably know I am a sucky cake decorator. BUT THAT WILL NOT STOP ME FROM TRYING! “How cute would it be,” I thought to myself, “if I could make pumpkin cupcakes that actually were decorated to look like pumpkins, too!” So I tried.
But whatever, because, salted caramel frosting, right? Right? And candy corn? Yeah?
If you want to make your own pumpkin puree, here’s how.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified of new videos.
Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe – Printable!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup soft butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- Set oven to 350 and line 12 muffin/cupcake tins with paper cups or lightly grease.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla and combine well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all butter/sugar is combined.
- Add flour and begin mixing on low speed while pouring in the milk.
- Once well mixed, distribute into 12 cupcake tins.
- Bake 20 minutes or until risen and firm to touch.
Salted Caramel Frosting
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium pot, combine 4 tablespoons butter and brown sugar. Place over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Whisk in sweetened condensed milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles. Continue cooking, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened and slightly darker.
- Pour hot caramel into a large mixing bowl and add salt, cinnamon and vanilla (and cayenne) and beat on medium speed about 5 minutes until cooled somewhat.
- Beat in one tablespoon of butter until combined, then another.
- Beat another 5 minutes until only slightly warm. Beat in remaining tablespoons of butter.
- Beat 5 minutes more.
- Sift in powdered sugar and beat mixture until cooled.
- Makes about 2 cups