Steak Fries With Veracruz Ranch Dip
Steak Fries recipe video (scroll down for printable recipe)
This steak fries recipe and video was created in partnership with Hidden Valley Ranch. Get the original Veracruz Ranch Dip recipe and over 100 more dip recipes and combinations at DipGenius.
Most people might think of steak fries as a thing to go with steak. Not so. Well, not completely so, anyway. Steak fries also make a fantastic appetizer or party food, as long as you have a great dip to dip em into. This Veracruz Ranch dip is a perfect choice because it’s chunky and zesty and stands up well to hearty oven-roasted steak fries. I think this dip would also go well with thick-cut potato chips (and between you and me, I’ve been using the leftover dip as a sandwich spread.) Likewise, the steak fries could partner up with many other dips such as this homemade French Onion dip.
Steak Fries recipe with Veracruz Ranch Dip
This recipe makes about 3 cups of dip and about 4 servings worth of steak fries. For a large group, double or triple the steak fries, but no need to make more dip.Print
Oven Fries With Veracruz Ranch Dip
- Yield: 4
- Veracruz Ranch Dip:
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup diced pickle
- ½ cup jarred salsa
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup pimiento
- 3 tablespoons rinsed capers
- 3 large Russet potatoes (about 1/2 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Make the dip:
- Combine all dip ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine well. Refrigerate while you make the steak fries.
- Set oven to 425ºF/220ºC
- Scrub potatoes well but don’t peel (unless you really, truly desire). Cut each potato lengthwise into 12 wedges: Half, then cut-side-down cut each into half again, then carefully cut each half into three wedges. See video demo.)
- Put the oil in a large bowl and add potato wedges, using your hands to fully coat each wedge. Then add the seasonings and mix again.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and turn. Bake another 10 minutes until steak fries are tender and roasted outside.
- Serve with Veracruz Ranch dip