If you’re looking for a special cocktail to get your lover in the mood … well, this one might do it. Vodka cherry limeade is easy drinkin’ with the added benefits of all the off-color “cherry” jokes you could make. You know, about sex and other romantic stuff for Valentine’s Day. Which is tomorrow. Did you remember? Well, fret not either way. If you forgot – somehow — you can easily grab all the ingredients for this simple cocktail just about anywhere that sells booze and mixers. If you remembered, and are going to be wallowing in sorrow, then this drink is probably a good idea for you, too.
Plus it has antioxidants to keep your libido from oxidizing and rusting out.
(To my regular visitors: this post is the first in a website experiment we’re trying out, that is, the video for this recipe will be up tomorrow on a separate page. The pages will be cross-linked. It’s part of a new strategy. It might not work out, but you know me and Chris: we love to experiment! We’re like a couple of Louis Pasteurs up in this place. Also, I love you! Happy Valentine’s Day!)
- 6 parts vodka (3 ounces for two drinks)
- 6 parts black cherry juice (3 ounces for two drinks)
- 3 parts lime juice (1½ ounces for two drinks)
- 2 parts sweetened lime juice (1 ounce for two drinks)
- Club soda
- lime wedges and Maraschino cherries to garnish
- Combine all drink ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake to combine.
- Strain into chilled 8-ounce glasses filled with ice and top with club soda.
Click here to watch the vodka cherry limeade video!
More Valentine’s Day Ideas
Vegetarian Valentine’s Day Meal (one of our VERY early episodes. It’s weird.)
Sexy Surf and Turf (steak with fried oysters)
How to Steam a Lobster (And how to shell it!)
Flourless Chocolate Cakes (gluten-free mini fudge cakes. yum!)