Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Total Time: 11 mins
- Eggs (the older, the better)
- Fill a pot with 1 1/2-2 inches of water. Cover and bring to a strong boil.
- Lower cold eggs into boiling water witha slotted spoon. Be careful not to splash.
- Count to 30.
- Reduce heat to the lowest simmer your pot will go. The temperature of the water at this stage should be 180-200ºF.
- Set a timer for 11 minutes for hard boiled eggs (6 minutes for soft boiled eggs).
- Fill a bowl with ice and water – the size of the bowl depends on how many eggs you are cooking.
- When the timer goes off, use the slotted spoon again to lift eggs out and into the ice bath. (If you’re boiling lots of eggs, reuse the water!)
- Allow eggs to sit in the bath for 15 minutes until completely cool. (Save this cool water to pour on your house plants!)
- Store in the refrigerator or peel now.