Homemade Hot chocolate Mix
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For Spiced Hot Chocolate add:
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Whizz everything together in a food processor until finely ground. Pack into a jar.
- Use 3 tablespoons chocolate mix with 8 ounces of milk (try with any non-dairy milk like almond or coconut milk, too).
- For best mixing, put the dry mix in a mug, add a little cold milk and stir with a fork or small whisk to make a paste, then top with steaming hot milk and stir to dissolve. Or top with more cold milk and microwave for a minute, then stir.