Fresh Cranberry Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 36 1x
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates (about 12 pitted dates)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350º F.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth then mix in vanilla and egg.
- Whisk flour, soda and salt together in a small bowl and stir in gradually to butter mixture until combined.
- Gently mix in oats and dates.
- Coarsely chop the cranberries. I just cut them into halves or quarters and ended up with about 3/4 cup when all was said and done. Add them into the dough.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased or lined baking sheets and bake 12-15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned and tops are set.
- Allow to cool a few minutes on sheets, then remove to racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers for soft cookies, or loosely covered for crisp cookies.