- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 8 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 slices firm white bread
- 2 tablespoons soft butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons kaya jam
- 1 egg
- dark soy sauce (or regular soy sauce)
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a teaspoon of butter. Spread the other side of each slice with a tablespoon of kaya jam.
- Grill buttered sides over medium heat until toasty. Set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in skillet and fry egg sunny side up or over easy to your preference.
- Make a sandwich with the toasted bread and place the egg on top.
- Cut into quarters and eat with your hands.