Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Seasonings: cayenne pepper, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel the potatoes if you want to. You’ll have to make your own decisions now about the best way to cut them; sweet potatoes are so varied in shape, there are no hard-and-fast rules. So, somehow you manage to cut them into about 1/2″ slices one way. Then cut 1/2″ slices the other way. The length is not so important, but I generally try to keep them about 2-3 inches long.
- Toss all your little fry shapes with the oil and spread them out on a cookie sheet large enough so that they are in a single layer. If they are crowded on the pan they won’t get crispy. (Also, don’t use an insulated baking sheet if you can help it. I can’t help it since that’s the only one I have. But if you can help it, your fries will be crispier and deliciouser than mine.)
- Slip those bad boys into your hot oven for 10-15 minutes, until they are browned on the bottoms. Pull them out and flip them over, rearrange so they are all in a single layer again. Put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so until they are sizzling and brown.
- Sprinkle your salt and seasonings of choice on them while they are still hot. Then eat them while they are still hot. Mmm. So healthy. You’re gonna live forever!