Quick Coconut Curry
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- 13-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1” length of fresh ginger, very thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, lower 2 inches thinly sliced
- 12 ounces chicken breast (thinly sliced) or tofu (cubed)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 3/4″ thick (1 cup)
- 1 cup snow peas or cut green beans
- 1/2 cup bell pepper strips
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into 6 wedges
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- handful cilantro and/or Thai basil leaves
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Combine coconut milk, broth, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and thinly sliced chicken in a medium pot and cover. Bring to boil over medium heat. Watch that it doesn’t boil over.
- Uncover and add carrots (add tofu now if you’re making with tofu). Let cook at a hard simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered, until carrots are slightly tender.
- Add snow peas and bell pepper. Simmer 2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomato, green onions, herbs, lime juice and fish sauce. Taste for seasoning. You may want to add salt or more lime juice. Serve as a soup or over rice.