Ginger Fried Chicken
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 pound boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 cups oil for frying
- 1 lemon or lime, cut into wedges
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy and vinegar in a bowl. Cut chicken into pieces about 1-1/2 inches square. Allow to marinate at room temperature at least 15 minutes and up to an hour.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, flour, salt in a shallow bowl.
- Drain marinate from chicken (it’s okay if bits of garlic and ginger stick) and coat each piece in the flour mixture. Transfer to a plate and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil to 350ºF and fry the chicken in two batches, about 6 minutes each.
- Serve with lemon wedges and steamed broccoli.