How to cook bacon in the oven
- Bacon, as much as you want to cook
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Optional: brown sugar and/or cinnamon
- Set oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Lay your bacon strips out on the baking sheet in a single layer, not overlapping.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Check. Depending on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you like it, it may need up to 30 minutes. Thin bacon should be done around 12-18 minutes for average crispiness. Thick bacon takes 20-25 minutes. By all means, cook your bacon as long as you want.
- When it’s done, remove bacon strips with tongs, dap lightly on paper to remove excess grease and serve.
- Cooked bacon can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave or just crumbled to make bacon bits for salad.