Mushroom and Zucchini Fritatta
- 1 small zucchini, sliced about 1/4” thick rounds
- 4–5 button mushrooms, sliced about 1/3” thick
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or herb of your choice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- First beat the eggs with the parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the mushrooms and zucchini until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange them evenly in the skillet and pour the eggs on top. Make sure the eggs are even, too.
- Lift the edges of the frittata as the eggs begin to set to allow the runny eggs to flow underneath.
- When the top is nearly set, pop the skillet under a broiler on low heat for about 2 minutes or until just cooked.
- Cool briefly then slice into edges and serve warm or at room temperature