How To Make Hummus
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas (or see below for how to start with dried beans)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini (Sesame paste)
- juice of one lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup water (maybe a little more)
- Optional: 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin; paprika; cayenne pepper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas quickly to remove most of the gooey liquid.
- Put everything in your blender. It works better if you put the liquids in first.
- Pulse it a little to get it moving and poke at it if you have to.
- Add a little more water if necessary to get it to a nice, creamy, smooth-as-silk consistency.
- Put it in a fancy bowl. Drizzle some extra oil on top. Put some paprika on it.
- Dip your love machine (or just carrot sticks) into it.