As if anyone needed a reason to eat more ice cream.
Remember ChocoTacos? Of course you do. You’re a human and you love chocolate and ice cream and consonance. These ice cream tacos are kind of like ChocoTacos but without the chocolate and with cinnamon instead. Unlike ChocoTacos, these ice cream tacos are actually really easy to make at home, too. Fuggetabout those stale, cottony, store-bought ice cream cones! Make cinnamon-sugar coated taco shells instead to fill with ice cream and top with diced fruit for your next birthday party. Or your kid’s next birthday party, where they might be a little more age appropriate. But then again, look at me, I’m 35 years old and I ate three of these in a row.
How to Make Ice Cream Tacos Video
(Video upload schedule has moved to Tuesdays, FYI. Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified of new videos.)
Ice Cream Tacos Recipe – Printable
- 4 flour tortillas (6-8 inch)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or use spray canola oil)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 quart ice cream
- 1 cup diced fresh fruit
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, whipped cream, maraschino cherries
- Special equipment: standard muffin tins, aluminum foil, basting brush
- Set oven to 350ºF. Cut four lengths of aluminum foil 8 inches long, fold in half lengthwise to make rectangles about 4x12 inches. Crease lengthwise again and lay between the cups of an upside down muffin tin. (see video for demo)
- Brush each side of tortillas with melted butter or spray with oil.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle each side of tortillas with cinnamon-sugar.
- VERY lightly score one side of each tortilla on either side of the center. (see video)
- Fold tortillas in half and place into aluminum foil molds, scored sides inside.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges and crispy.
- While tortillas bake, set up cooling stations with long chopsticks or skewers across bowls or glasses (see video)
- When tortillas are cooked, remove carefully with tongs and let cool upside down, hanging over chopsticks for 15 minutes until cooled and crisp.
- Fill with ice cream and top with diced fruit.