This here’s a recipe from my new cookbook! As was our plan for world domination, this new cookbook uses the skills and techniques taught in the Learn to Cook book and goes deeper into one particular food-subject. In this case, it’s the paleo diet. Not-quite-just-in-time for New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier and junk, but still in time for summer resolutions to get leaner for all those pool parties, Cavelady Cooking has 50 low-carb, grain and gluten-free, lean and green recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thirteen of those recipes are radical new ways to cook vegetables, this one included. Radical whole roasted cauliflower! It’s amazin’! Just try it and tell me you don’t love cauliflower. I dare you.
Serve a quarter of a whole cauliflower per person as a side dish, or serve half a whole roasted cauliflower as a central part of a vegetarian meal. Roasting the cauliflower brings out its sweetness, and the vinaigrette I use adds some tangy mustard and freshness with the cilantro or parsley. Chop up leftover cauliflower and toss with more vinaigrette, diced celery, and raisins for a quick cauliflower salad, too!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower Video
Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe – Printable!
- 1 head cauliflower, 1-1/2 to 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nice olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Cut the leaves off the cauliflower and cut out a little cone-shape from the bottom, removing most of the core but keeping the head intact.
- Rub it all over with the tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in a cast iron skillet or pie pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until a knife can be inserted easily.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in bowl and pour slowly over the hot cauliflower, allowing it to seep in.
- Cut into quarters and serve.