Dog Costume for Halloween!
How to make a Halloween costume for your dog! HOT DIGGITY DOG! This is the first in an occasional crafting series, featuring Daisy and Mr. Banjo!
To make the hot dog costume for your dog you will need:
- 1 yard (45″ wide) quilted fabric or heavy felt, tan in color
- 1 yard white or beige felt to use as backing
- felt or 2″ wide ribbon, to match your dog’s fur
- 1 strip of yellow or red felt (to be mustard or ketchup)
- Velcro, ribbon, or wide elastic
Take these measurements on your dog:
- length from shoulder to hip (measurement A)
- width from shoulder blade to shoulder blade (measurement B)
- Circumference of chest and “waist”
General dog costume instructions (See video for more details):
- Cut out hot dog buns from the fabric and the felt using length = (measurement A) and height = (half of A)
- Round the corners to make oval bun shapes
- Sew fabric to felt backing
- Make an “H” with the felt or ribbon straps cut to width 1-2″ and length = (measurement B + 1 inch) and the squiggle of yellow or red
- Sew the “H” to the buns, attaching the straps 1-2 inches inside the outer edge of the long side of the buns
- Sew velcro strips or ribbon to the outer edges of the buns
- Wrap up your dog in her new duds!
AND, there’s been much concern that Daisy hated her costume, but I assure you that she truly loves it and it was just way past her bedtime when we made this video, meaning she really wanted to be cuddling on the couch, not wearing a giant fabric hot dog bun.
Hilah, what are you calling us dudes for, on your U-tube video?? It is sexist and a bad habit, to masculinise absolutely everybody. ”…dudes…”
Sexism really is a disease which seems incurable. Words like Mankind are now being replaced with words like guys and dudes. One would think that words which exclude women would be dying out, rather than being replaced with new ones.
“Dudes” is gender-neutral to me. I call my girlfriends “dude” and they call me “dude. It’s about having grown up in the 80s.
But, Melissa, I can’t help but think you are trolling here. If you honestly want to fight sexism, you are barking up the wrong tree. I fight sexism every day, with every comment I get on YouTube asking to “see my tits” or some other objectifying bullshit. I fought sexism at the Texas state capitol a few months ago, every day during the special session.
I believe in gender-equality and I love the word “dude. Go fight a real battle somewhere else.
All my friends and I call each other dude and dudettes…lol or bitches. We are a proud lot. Next time some idiot minidick asks to see your tits tell him not until you can find a magnifying glass strong enough to see his dick.
That was a freakin’ awesome video. And I mean that in the most gender-neutral, pro-equality way. Rock on. Thanks for being you!
Hahahaha! 😀 Thanks, Chris! Happy Halloween!
Daisy looks less than pleased.
I agree DUDES, Daisy does not look very happy, but you sure do!! I enjoy you.
I love her lower lip, she pouts like my Babygirl. Come 9 pm if daddy isn’t in bed she sits in the doorway of the bedroom with her head down, nose touching the floor just like Snoopy when he’s sad. Funny thing is that she’s got loose jowls and lips and when she breathes out her lips do the blowfish thing. She usually wins though, basically she runs the house and we, hubby, son, me, cat and 3 other dogs just act as catering service.
Aw, I love that! Pits are so sweet and expressive. 🙂