Frozen sangria recipe video (scroll down for printable recipe card)
I’d be lying if I told you I made this frozen sangria up for Cinco de Mayo. The truth is, I made this up for all the hot, hot Summer days to come. The sweltering, sweaty days filled with flies, mosquitos, and sun beams that cut right through your Ray-Bans to burn out your retinas. Swimming pools that feel like old, dirty bathwater and not enough rain. Never enough rain. Houses literally cracking in half as the earth below dries up and blows away to Oklahoma. Give us back our dirt, you dirt-thievin’ Sooners!
If you live in Texas, you know what I talk about.
We’re all gonna burn up.
But damn it all, we shan’t die sober.
Frozen sangria recipe – printablePrint
Quickest, coldest cocktail of the summer!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup frozen fruit (peaches, cherries, strawberries, and mango are my faves)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fruit liqueur
- Pour the wine in a blender and add everything else on top of it.
- Blend until smooth and foamy.
- Drink it now, or put it in the freezer for 10 minutes to get slushier.
Try a mixture of different fruits, too. Three-quarters cup strawberries plus one-quarter cup cherries was absolutely luscious, I tell you. From the first glass to the last. Which also happened to be the fourth. And then I went to bed.