Greek Pasta Salad
It’s summer time and that means it’s pasta salad time! The basic reasoning behind that is: A) pasta salad can take any and all kind of summer vegetables you have on hand and be perfectly happy and delicious, and B) pasta salad is easy as hell and gets even better after a day in the fridge which means it’s the perfect recipe for all us lazy beach bums!
Gaw. I WISH I was a lazy beach bum. Instead, I’m a lazy pregnant lady with a constant desire for the sweet, sweet, empty calories of white pasta and bread. Sooo… Greek pasta salad it is today! And tomorrow. And Sunday, if I’m lucky and don’t eat it all before then.
What makes it Greek? Kalamata olives, I guess. And oregano vinaigrette. And feta cheese. And it was served at the first Olympic games*.
You might also like Caprese Pasta Salad with basil and mozzarella!
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe Video (Scroll down for printable recipe)
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe – Printable!Print
Greek Pasta Salad
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 ounces (2 cups dry) rotini pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, cut to 1″ lengths
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced black or kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil with about a teaspoon of salt added. Add pasta and set timer for 2 minutes shy of the minimum recommended cook time.
- When the timer goes off, add the green beans and set timer for 2 more minutes. Drain and rinse briefly with cold water. Leave to drain in sink.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and green beans and toss to coat in the dressing.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients, adding cheese last. Chill until ready to serve. This keeps well in the fridge up to 48 hours.
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Protein: 5
*Probz not true. But it’s so yummy! Look at that!