Potato Chip Nachos
Potato Chip Nachos Recipe Video – scroll down for recipe
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified of new videos.
These potato chip nachos are something I came up with a few years ago while under the influence (of lots of whiskey). I included the recipe in my Learn to Cook Book but figured it deserves a video. It’s a fun recipe!
I lovingly nicknamed them “Old White Lady Nachos” because I imagine that my dear, departed old white lady grandmother Hornsby would LOOOOVE these (and quite likely would have invented them herself if she’d had the chance). These nachos are barely even nachos. But they are good! Thick kettle chips, shredded pot roast, cheese and sweet pickled jalapeños all combine to make a very unhealthy and very delicious … meal? snack? What is this thing? WHAT HAVE I CREATED???
Use my recipe for a slow-cooker shredded beef taco filling from my Slow Cooker Recipes book or use your own pot roast. I’ve made this with all sorts of leftover roasted meat or chicken and guess what, y’all: Everything tastes awesome on kettle chips.
Potato Chip Nachos recipe – printable
Potato Chip Nachos
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 5 ounces kettle cooked potato chips, regular flavor
- 1–2 cups leftover shredded pot roast, or other shredded cooked meat
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup sweet-hot pickles or sweet pickled jalapeños
- Chopped iceberg lettuce and tomatoes, if you like
- sour cream and salsa to serve
- Get the broiler cranking and get out a rimmed baking sheet.
- Lay the chips in a single layer, spread bots of pot roast evenly on top. Sprinkle with cheese and lovingly dispense the pickle or jalapeño slices.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until melted and toasty and hot.
- Add lettuce and tomato if you like
- Serve with sour cream and salsa if you like.