Vacation Update Numero Two: Pool Party! and Pimento Cheese
It’s time for another Summer Update. This one’s about…Pool Party! I think I’m still recovering from a long, hard weekend of cold beers, underwater photos, limoncello shots, diving into the “No Diving” end, hot sausages, pimiento cheese, some stuff I shouldn’t talk about, and one lost flip flop. Several things to celebrate this past weekend: Mr. Alan’s un-birthday, BF’s nursing school milestone, and Mark’s new found awesomeness at playing DJ Hero. Let’s begin.
(And on the side, here’s my recipe for pimiento cheese which is very delicious despite what your friend told you. Also, has anyone seen my flip flop?)
|Pimento Cheese Recipe||
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons mustard ( I like dijon or spicy brown, but whatever)
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 oz jar pimientos, drained and chopped
- Optional: 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped OR pickled jalapenos, chopped OR 2 tablespoons Ajvar
- Mash all that together. It helps if the cream cheese is softened.
- Eat that with healthy stuff like celery sticks or just make a sandwich.