Lookit how KEWT!!!
They just look like li’l eggs hiding out in grass, don’t they? Or like li’l baskets full of goodies just hanging out on a lawn. Or like li’l juicy tomatoes filled with a dill and caper egg salad, which is actually what they are!!! Gotcha!
These are perfect to make with leftover boiled eggs from Easter or whatnot. I wrote the recipe for one egg, but you can scale everything up for however many eggs you need to use up. Capers and dill are a natural fit with eggs and the tomato cups are just adorbz.
For instructions on the best way to boil eggs, check out this post about deviled eggs.
- For each hardboiled egg:
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 3 small tomatoes (about the size of a golf ball; I used Campari)
- 12 capers
- Peel the egg(s) and mash them up in a bowl using a fork. Add in the mustard, mayo, dill, and salt and pepper and mix.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes with a tiny bit of salt and set them cut side down on a plate to drain for a few minutes.
- Fill each tomato with a spoonful of egg salad and garnish with capers.
The LEARN TO COOK Book is Here!
By popular demand, Learn to Cook is now available in print! Over 300 pages of knowledge between two soft covers.
Learn To Cook is designed to get you cooking for yourself like a civilized human being! Drawing from a lifetime of cooking and over two years experience making instructional cooking videos, author Hilah Johnson has produced a beginners’ cookbook for today’s young adults. The casual, straightforward style will appeal to anyone with a sense of humor and the focus on fresh, simple recipes will appeal to anyone who loves to eat. The book includes chapters on menu planning, knife skills, grocery shopping and more, plus a comprehensive spice chart and over 150 recipes from breakfast to dinner to snacks in between.