Hangover Tacos – The Perfect Hangover Cure
Hangover Tacos – Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Tacos – scroll down for recipe
Yeah, I know. Tacos? Again? Well, now you know my big secret: I eat a lot of tacos. I’m from Texas – we all eat a lot of tacos. So sue me. I also drink too much, even when I have to get up early for “work” the next day. But I will make you a deal: You don’t judge me for wrapping everything in a tortilla OR for binge drinking and passing out in the backseat of my car on Friday night and in return, on the next episode I will make something besides tacos AND I will take a shower and change my clothes beforehand like a real professional.
But seriously and for real, chorizo and egg breakfast tacos are likely one of the most effective hangover cures on Earth. I know everyone loves to say annoying shit like, “The best hangover cure is not to drink too much in the first place“, but I said we were going to get serious and real and seriously and for real, sometimes drinking too much happens. And that is when you will want, nay, NEED, these hangover tacos.
For more recipes, check out my first cookbook, published in 2010 but revised in 2013: The Breakfast Taco Book!
Chorizo and Egg Tacos recipePrint
Chorizo and eggs in flour tortillas
- Yield: 2
- 4 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 4 eggs
- 4 flour tortillas
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and crumble the chorizo into it. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to break up the sausage into small pieces, until it is cooked through.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat and scrape the chorizo to one side of the skillet.
- Beat the eggs and season with pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the empty side of the skillet and let stand for about 30 seconds before carefully stirring. Continue to cook over medium heat until the eggs are almost set.
- Combine the nearly cooked eggs with the chorizo and mix gently.
- Warm the tortillas on the stove or in the microwave and fill with chorizo and egg mixture
Also check out how to make salsa!