I first “met” Jen through her first YouTube series Tasty Memories which she and her boyfriend and production partner Leo made together. I was instantly charmed by her vibrant smile and her slightly filthy humor. Then, of course, the delicious family recipes she shares. As two people who love food, love life, and dearly love each other, their channel JustEatLife is one of my very top favorite cooking channels on YouTube. In this interview, Jen and I talk about what she ate growing up; her recent trips through Thailand and Peru; troublesome travel poop; hot dogs and mean people.
- Sinigang – Filipino tamarind soup
- Applegate grass-fed beef hot dogs
- Toast – avocado toast with sardines from Just Eat Life
- Smoothie bowls – what do we think of them?
- Just Eat Life’s Bistec video – Filipino beef stir fry
- Food poisoning
- Cusco and Machu Picchu
- Tom Hodgkinson, The Freedom Manifesto
- Taking time for leisure
- Aji amarillo
- Seco de pollo – Peruvian cilantro and chicken stew
- Marcus Samuelsson cookbooks
- Microwave Cooking for One
- Chopped!! (Did Jen win???)
- Minding your own business
- Q&A about love and sex and stuff
You can listen to the episode and subscribe on iTunes or on Soundcloud. Please leave a review/rating on iTunes to help others find the show, and if you have any suggestions about future guests feel free to let me know by leaving a comment on this page.