Episode 2 of Two Shots One Take! Jimmy Wong learns me how to make an Old Fashioned cocktail and I bullshit him about how to build a bar in your garage and also Pangaea jokes happen.
Since we were making do in a “garage” we didn’t have sugar cubes, or even the simple syrup that some bartenders use. We used agave nectar. Originally (the real “old fashioned” Old Fashioned) a sugar cube was dissolved with some bitters, then bourbon and ice added. You can do it that way if you prefer, and if you have sugar cubes. Using simple syrup makes it easier to make a pitcher of these, for your Mad Men-watching party.
- 1 -1.5 ounces bourbon
- 1 sugar cube or teaspoon simple syrup (or agave nectar)
- Dash or two Angostura bitters
- Orange peel twist
- If you have a sugar cube, drop that in the glass with the bitters and mash it around to dissolve it. Then add the bourbon and stir.
- Otherwise, combine the bourbon, syrup, and bitters in a glass. Stir.
- Add ice and stir again.
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel, never a maraschino cherry. That's for chicks.
Also check out Jimmy’s other channel on YouTube: FeastofFiction where he makes food based on fictional stories, events, characters, and video games.