Bubblegum Cocktail Video! scroll down for recipe
The newest in the 2 Shots, 1 Take video series, we shot this a few months ago (before my nervous breakdown, haha. I kid. Sort of.) in Los Angeles. The sparkling and hilarious Reb from Pancake Manor shared her creation: the Bubblegum Cocktail.
If you haven’t seen Pancake Manor, you should check it out, especially if you have kids or grandkids around. It’s a web show of original children’s songs and videos featuring puppets (Zach and Reggie with a girl puppet on the way!), animation, and education. Reb is the primary cinematographer and her partner Billy writes the songs and music and operates the puppets. You’ll sometimes see Reb appear as the “Mom” character in the videos, too. I’ll post a couple of my favorite videos at the bottom of this post.
The Bubblegum Cocktail is a sort of celebration of everything girly and pink and sweet about candy and cocktails. Not the kind of drink you’d want to have more than one of, though you could probably because its alcohol content is not very high, but it would be a fun drink to make for a bridal shower or a girls’ night in. Or the kind of kid’s birthday party you see in the movies where the adults are all drinking and partying by the pool and the kids are all secretly sneaking out the front door to go on an awesome adventure around the neighborhood that their parents don’t find out about until the party is over. I don’t think I’ve seen that movie, but it would be a good one. I’d call it “Party on Down the Road” (Trademark!).
Bubblegum Cocktail RecipePrint
- Yield: 1
- Nerds candies
- 1 ounce banana liqueur
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (use a clear one, not orange or blue)
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 2 ounces milk
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Optional garnish:
- Frozen Bubbbleyum; gumballs; sour gummies
- Crush the nerds in a plastic bag with a rolling pin until mostly broken and powdered. Spread onto a small plate.
- Pour a little grenadine onto another plate.
- Swirl the rim of a highball or martini glass into the grenadine, then into the crushed Nerds to make a colorful rim.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the liqueurs, teaspoon grenadine, milk and cream. Shake well until very cold.
- Pour into glasses over ice (or frozen Bubbleyum) and add any other garnish you like.
From Pancake Manor:
Pancake Party! (So fun!)
The Planets (I love this song!)