Chicken milanesa is one of my favorite ways to prepare boneless skinless chicken breast, a cut which can often be dry and boring. For a really quick dinner, I’ll fry a couple of chicken milanesa cutlets and steam some broccoli. Serve those together with a few lemon wedges and some hot sauce and voila. Healthy(ish) dinner is ready in under 20 minutes. And everyone likes it! Even babies* like it!
Serve it alone with a side of vegetables and squeeze of lemon, or put it between bread to make a big, fat sandwich!
Chicken Milanesa Video (scroll down for recipe card)
Chicken Milanesa RecipePrint
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon wedges for serving
- Cut each breast crosswise into two thin cutlets. If necessary, gently tenderize with a meat mallet to get the thickness even across each cutlet. Sprinkle one side with seasoned salt.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and dip cutlets in.
- Press into breadcrumbs until well coated. Set aside on wax paper for 10-30 minutes.
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. add milanesa and fry for about 2-3 minutes on one side. Add more oil if needed. Turn and fry another 2-3 minutes until brown and cooked through.
- Serve simply with lemon wedges
You might also like this milanesa torta recipe video!