Grapefruit Salad with Rosemary-Honey Mojo
I got FREE GRAPEFRUITS! TexaSweet offered to send me a box of Rio Star grapefruit. I like grapefruit, AND it’s the state fruit of Texas, so of course I accepted. I think that satisfies my FTC blogging requirements. (That’s the first time I’ve ever had to do that!)
Also, it’s National Grapefruit Month ALL of February!
This is a salad I made with some of the grapefruit. Mind you, this salad is not for the faint of heart. It’s BOLD. Well, as bold as a salad can be I guess. Tart grapefruit paired with piney rosemary, lemon juice, honey, and olive oil.Print
Grapefruit Salad with Rosemary Honey Dressing
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 large red grapefruits
- Pinch dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons each: lemon juice and orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salad greens
- Cut the ends off the grapefruit and then remove the skin and pith with a knife. Slice into circles and arrange on plates.
- Combine the rosemary and juices in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 30 seconds to soften the rosemary.
- Add the salt and pepper and honey and stir to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and add the olive oil.
- Pour warm dressing over grapefruit slices and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At serving time, tuck salad greens under grapefruit slices in a pretty but haphazard fashion as if you just can’t be bothered to mess with this salad because it is so BOLD!
I bet this would also be smashing with a combination of grapefruit and orange, or with added avocado slices, or with halved red grapes! Yum!
I love all things tart – sour candy, fruits, drinks, dressings, but especially grapefruit. Yum!
Yay! Grapefruit is one of my favorites and they’re so good this time of year.