HHH10 Interview with Richard Lawson | Vanity Fair Film Critic
In this episode of Hilah’s Happy Hour, I got to talk with Richard Lawson, the film critic for Vanity Fair! I “met” him through my YouTube channel (he wrote me up this little blurb in the March issue of VF) and now we’re Twitter buddies. We talk about how he got into the critic business, what he likes about it, what makes an “indie movie”, why the film industry is slow to change; and get a couple of summer movie recommendations.
Follow Richard on Vanity Fair | Twitter | Podcast | Tumblr
- Matching “tone”
- Big Little Lies (review)
- Mac and Cheese videos
- Manohla Dargis
- Get Out (review)
- “Cat in the window” (Roger Corman?)
- What makes an indie movie?
- I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore
- My band’s album on iTunes! (Explicit/NSFW)
- SXSW and Krisha
- Middleburg Film Festival
- AFI 100 Years of Movies list
- Brendan Frasier
- Dazed and Confused
- Slacker remake, 2011
- American Horror Story (review)
- Staying positive under pressure
- Do we like theaters that serve dinner?
- Hidden Figures (review)
- Film industry … or cruise ship??
- Summer movie recommendations
Leave a Comment