HHH015 Interview with Caroline Artiss
Episode 15 of Hilah’s Happy Hour podcast! In this fun interview with Caroline Artiss — chef, author, YouTuber — we learn about how she grew up cooking, how she was discovered by the BBC, how she ended up in California, her new book Beauty Foods, her restaurant, and her favorite British and Malaysian recipes. Near the end, Caroline offers some tips for budget cooking and meal prep. She and I have cooked together in a few videos over the years; I’ve put one of my favorites at the bottom of this page: making fruit rojak!
You can listen to the episode below or on Soundcloud.
- Loyd Grossman
- Chef Race: UK vs US
- Caroline’s Chef Race-winning BBQ sauce recipe video
- The Gorgeous Kitchen
- Chefs Sophie Michell, Jo Pratt, Gee Charman
- Melton Mowbray pork pies
- Chapel Down wines
- Beauty Foods book
- Nutrition tips
- Is British food bad?
- What is Malaysian food?
- Char Kway Teow (recipe video)
- Laksa (recipe video)
- Caroline’s Malaysian Airlines videos
- Proboscis monkeys
- Cumin, cinnamon, chile flakes
- Ghost peppers, Scotch Bonnet, Bhut jolokia
- Tips for budget cooking
- Meal prep
- Shepherd’s Pie (recipe video)
Watch Caroline and me make fruit rojak!