HHH013 Interview with Melissa Maker | Clean My Space
In episode 13 (ooh!) of Hilah’s Happy Hour, I interview Melissa Maker, the brains behind the Clean My Space empire. Melissa started a home cleaning business in Toronto in 2006, which led to the creation of the Clean my Space YouTube channel, her own line of cleaning cloths, and most recently to her first book: Clean my Space. Phew! She’s a smart entrepreneur and we talk about how she started her business, why not to disinfect, and the origins of “spring cleaning”?
Follow Melissa on YouTube | Website | Facebook | Instagram
You can listen to the episode below or on Soundcloud.
- Understanding your business
- “Find someone who hates to do something and they will find the most efficient way to get it done”
- MIA’s of cleaning
- The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up
- 10 Things to Toss Today (Video)
- Parallel and perpendicular
- Disinfecting or cleaning?
- Kids need germs!
- Melissa’s Microfiber cloths
- Spring cleaning
- Cleaning your fridge (Video)
- Speed Cleaning by Jeff Campbell
- Cheryl Mendelson
- Don’t open that oven door
- How to clean gas stove tops
- Baking soda to the rescue!
- Removing ink from leather
- Speed up your ironing!
- Or buy a steamer
Dead skin cells! Loving this podcast! ???
oh…no. This podcast is making me feel like I am doomed. My brain is exactly opposite-wired to do anything I am hearing Melissa say. There’s no way for me to clean much of my home which is also partly my business because every surface is covered with gear. wires. cases. papers. I just need to move out and have a storage unit too. Then maybe i can clean my NEXT place. (wahhhhhhh… wahhhmbulance). :o( — gonna keep listening to her talk about cooking surfaces, the outsides of pots and pans ( I actually looked up a service for that) (Patina!) and look at her book. I admit it. I’m fascinated. But doomed.
Haha! It’s so HARD to keep everything clutter-free! Especially when one works from home, I think.