This recipe for pumpkin muffins was (mildly) adapted from the Joy of Cooking. It may be more correct to even say it was just barely adapted, and only by accident. By accident because it turns out it is very hard to bake pumpkin muffins (or anything) while you are wearing a Freddy Krueger glove, so many of the suggested seasonings — ginger, nutmeg, salt, love — were omitted in the video recipe. These still turned out to be good pumpkin muffins with a nice, soft texture and plenty of pumpkin flavor!
Watch the extra-spooky Recipe Video on YouTube!
Pumpkin Muffins RecipePrint
- Yield: 12
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil (canola, safflower, vegetable)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Set oven to 400ºF and grease or line 12 muffin cups
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Mix milk, oil, and eggs together in a smaller container.
- Add wet to dry and then add pumpkin. Mix quickly until everything is wet.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full
- Bake 15 minutes or until a a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.