Taco Pizza Recipe Video (scroll down for printable recipe)
Tacos and pizza are probably the best-selling food in the US by now. I would wager that they may even beat out burgers. So I can only imagine the kind of hubbub and bedlam that’s gonna go down when this taco pizza recipe gets published. I’ll probably have to dig a tornado shelter to hide out from all the clambering, slobbering taco pizza lovers who will come pounding on my door.
This taco pizza has a quick cornmeal crust, basically a thin egg-free cornbread, topped with all the things you would be likely to find on a taco. Of course you could make it vegetarian with some refried beans and cheese on top, but here I’ve used my beef taco filling recipe. One could also make this vegetarian tacos filling with tempeh instead. I love this recipe because it’s super fast and easy and I’ve already got it memorized so we will be eating this often, I can tell you.
Taco pizza recipe – printablePrint
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Cornmeal pizza crust:
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 cups taco filling
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- chopped green onions
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- Set oven to 400ºF
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in cast iron skillet over medium heat on the stove to get the pan hot.
- Combine rest of crust ingredients and pour into hot skillet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread taco filling on top then sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let taco pizza cool 5 minutes then top with any garnish you like. Slice into wedges and serve.