Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing
Wedge salad recipe video- scroll down for recipe!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified of new videos.
Should be no surprise that I love salads. After all, I’m a girl! Haha. That was a joke about romantic comedies and magazine ads. But seriously, I do like salad. They are refreshing! They are easy! They are healthy! (For the most part.) And they are satisfying! Especially if they require a knife to eat, and are slathered in rich homemade blue cheese dressing. And have bacon on them. Now that’s a hell of a satisfying salad.
Wedge salad meets all those requirements. Here’s how to make a wedge salad with blue cheese dressing. If you hate blue cheese, don’t sweat it and use some Ranch dressing instead. If you love blue cheese, pop over here and make this blue cheese dressing recipe to go on these salads.
Wedge salads are the perfect accompaniment to steak (IMO that’s because any leftover blue cheese dressing is also really good on steak). Try it with this ribeye steak with jalapeño butter.
Wedge salad recipe – printable!
Wedge salad with avocado
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 heavy head iceberg lettuce
- 1 batch blue cheese dressing (or 1 cup store-bought dressing, blue cheese or Ranch)
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cut the iceberg into 4 wedges, leaving the core intact. Rinse under a gentle stream of water. Shake excess water off, place each on a salad plate, cut side down, and refrigerate to crisp up and continue to drain.
- Mix the dressing. Refrigerate.
- Cook the bacon, either in the oven or on the stove. Drain, cool and crumble.
- When you are ready to serve, dry the salad plates and place the wedges upright. Spoon dressing over the top, sprinkle with bacon and add cherry tomatoes. Slice avocado and arrange a few slices on each plate. Add fresh ground black pepper if you like. Serve right away while cold and crisp.
My mother-in-law won’t eat any lettuce but iceberg, so this will be great to make for her when she visits.
By the way, when I got my new peppermill recently, I filled it with a multicolored mix of peppercorns. I think (think?!?) it gives the peppery seasoning a little more depth of flavor.
I think the peppercorn mixes are exactly that! Plus, they are beautiful 🙂
since I saw your “Foundations of Salad”-video with Adriene on her channel I’m so into dressings! Thank you so much, cause it’s now that I really enjoy salads! Best from Vienna, Juliana
Thanks, Juliana! 😀 That makes me glad to hear!
Thanks for this one. The blue cheese wedge is one of my favourites and i have always struggled a bit to get the dressing the way I want it. I will try your version.
I hope you like my blue cheese dressing!
The blue cheese dressing is very nice. I definitely recommend making it a day ahead to let the flavour develop.
Happy you liked it!
I love wedge salad. I never knew how to get it crispy cold until I seen your video. I used to chill the head in frig the cut and serve. It never was crispy like steak houses. Now I know lol off to store to get some head…
Youre super awesome ! Thanks for making clear, simple, realistic recipes funny.
Thank you so much, Cierra! <3