Hummus is one of those things that kind of had its moment in the sun, its fifteen minutes of fame, if you will, a few years ago. I remember when every G.D. coffee shop and hobo hangout in Austin had some kind of hummus sandwich to sell you. Sometimes they’d put sprouts on it. Sometimes it was on a bagel. And then it was at every party and hippie gathering and open-house you ever snuck in to. Hummus was EVERYWHERE!
And then it kind of lost favor with the masses. Sure, people still enjoyed hummus, but then they got onto other shit like sushi and gourmet hotdogs. Whatever. Hummus is still good. Girls like it. Boys like it. Kids like it. And I’m bringing it back. HARD CORE. Here’s how to make it in a blender and give your date the “Wowzers”.
- 1 can chick peas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T tahini
- juice of one lemon (about 3 T)
- 2 T olive oil
- ¼ cup water (maybe a little more)
- Put all that in your blender. It works better if you put the liquids in first.
- Pulse it a little to get it moving and poke at it if you have to.
- Add a little more water if necessary to get it to a nice, creamy, smooth-as-silk consistency.
- Put it in a fancy bowl. Put some paprika on it.
- Dip your love machine (or just carrot sticks) into it.
Here’s another snack-tastic recipe you might like! Corn fritters!
The LEARN TO COOK Book is Here!
By popular demand, Learn to Cook is now available in print! Over 300 pages of knowledge between two soft covers.
Learn To Cook is designed to get you cooking for yourself like a civilized human being! Drawing from a lifetime of cooking and over two years experience making instructional cooking videos, author Hilah Johnson has produced a beginners’ cookbook for today’s young adults. The casual, straightforward style will appeal to anyone with a sense of humor and the focus on fresh, simple recipes will appeal to anyone who loves to eat. The book includes chapters on menu planning, knife skills, grocery shopping and more, plus a comprehensive spice chart and over 150 recipes from breakfast to dinner to snacks in between.