Fresh Corn Salad Recipe Video – scroll down for recipe card
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified of new videos.
Corn season! It’s one of the best seasons! Besides grilled corn on the cob (elotes), this bright corn salad is my favorite way to enjoy fresh corn. This version is almost like elotes en vaso but with the addition of tomato and green onions. And minus the mayo. But the sweet corn, sour lime, spicy serrano … MAN! I could eat it all day.
Serve corn salsa with tortilla chips or Fritos, or do like I do and just eat it with a big spoon. Also try it on top of fish tacos.
Corn Salad Recipe – printable!Print
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 cup rinsed and drained black or kidney beans
- Optional: 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- Shuck the corn and rub with the oil. Sear on all sides in a hot skillet (or throw them on the grill for a couple of minutes). Set aside.
- Blister the serrano and the green onions in the same skillet (or on a grill).
- Cut the kernels from the cobs. Dice the serrano, the green onions and the tomato.
- Combine all these in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Serve right away, slightly warm, or refrigerate to chill. Best served within 48 hours.
Looking for more things to do with fresh corn? Try corn fritters!