This is a quick, slightly creamy jalapeño salsa that goes well on tacos or with these potato taquitos. For extra creamy green sauce, add 1/4 cup sour cream to the blender. For a lighter version, try my creamy hatch chile sauce made with yogurt!
Creamy Jalapeño Salsa RecipePrint
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- 2 large jalapeños
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (canola, safflower, corn)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- handful cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the stems off the peppers and halve lengthwise. Peel the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a small pot or skillet over medium-high and add the peppers and garlic. Fry for about 2 minutes until the skins are blistered and the garlic is browned.
- Pour all, including the oil, into a blender with remaining ingredients and blend smooth