Spiced Candied Nuts
These crispy sugar-coated candied nuts are a better mood-setter than any Cinnabon-scented candle around! Plus, you can eat them. You can’t eat that candle.
Use any kind of nuts you like for this candied nuts recipe. I like a mix of pecans, walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts (or filberts, as my mom calls them) but you can do all one kind of nut, or add in some cashews or macadamia nuts, too. Most candied or spiced nuts recipes begin with raw nuts, and I do recommend using raw pecans and walnuts for sure. But, the harder nuts like almonds and hazelnuts work perfectly fine if they are already roasted before coating in this sugary crust. Cashews and peanuts work best in this recipe if they are already roasted. Use unsalted or lightly salted roasted nuts if you go that route.
Put a bowl of these out for a party or pack them into jars for an easy and popular edible gift! Some other edible gift ideas are:
Candied Nuts RecipePrint
- Cook Time: 90 mins
- Total Time: 90 mins
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups mixed nuts (see notes above recipe for suggestions)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Set oven to 250ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat (or grease it well).
- Beat egg white and vanilla with a whisk until frothy. Add nuts and stir well to coat them.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat.
- Spread onto prepared sheet and bake 60-80 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
- When done, they will be mostly dry.
- Allow to cool completely. They will crisp up once cooled. Store in an airtight container for two weeks. Refrigerate for longer.