Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Video – scroll down for recipe card
Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified of new videos.
Buffalo cauliflower is on the scene, y’all, and it’s being praised as a healthy version of Buffalo wings and I hate to bear the bad news but I don’t think that deep fried vegetables can really be all that healthy. So here is a baked Buffalo cauliflower recipe that ends up light and crunchy and roasty and spicy.
But there’s still butter so I’m probably full of it when I said these were healthy just a second ago. Regardless, they are delicious! The chickpea flour adds a hearty texture and a nutty, earthy flavor that I love with the vinegar-based hot sauce. If you can’t find it, fine cornmeal works pretty well, too.
These are good on their own, but for more “wing-spiration” (sorry!) serve them with Ranch or homemade blue cheese dressing to dip. Also try these baked chicken wings for a slightly healthier wings recipe.
Half a cauliflower head looks like a TON before you cook it, but once roasted it will serve 2-4 people depending on what else is being served. (We’ve been known to make a meal of this between the two of us.) Double the recipe and bake on two sheets to serve more people.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower RecipePrint
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- 1/2 head cauliflower (12-16 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or vegan margarine, divided
- 4 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot, divided
- 1/4 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- Optional: ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Set oven to 425ºF
- Cut the cauliflower into florets about 1.5″, or “large bite size”. Toss in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons Frank’s.
- Sprinkle in the garbanzo flour and toss again to coat.
- Lay on a lined or oiled baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, shake the pan. Roast for 10 more minutes.
- Mix remaining butter and Frank’s together and drizzle over the cauliflower before serving.
- Serve with Ranch or blue cheese dressing if you like