Chicken Pot Pie Quesadillas
Chicken Pot Pie Quesadillas Video (scroll down for printable recipe
This was a wicked brainstorm. As it turns out, chicken pot pie quesadillas are delicious and filling and way easier than making a chicken pot pie from scratch (though I’ve got a recipe for that, too). When you think about it, chicken pot pie filling is a natural for a quesadilla already: it’s creamy and goes great with crispy pastry shell. And when you think about that, there’s not much difference between a crispy pastry shell and a crispy flour tortilla in the grand scheme of things.
These quesadillas make a fine lunch or dinner when you’re in a hurry. Use leftover roast chicken, poached chicken, or buy a rotisserie chicken. Leftover salsa chicken would make a fantastic “second appearance” stuffed inside a quesadilla later in the week. If you’re in a more ambitious mood or have a little more time, they become more complete with a side of beans and a salad.
And if you have a family of dip-lovers, mix up a quick dip of equal parts sour cream and salsa! Yum.
Chicken pot pie quesadillas recipePrint
Chicken Pot Pie Quesadilla
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley/cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- Mix chicken, vegetables and cream cheese with seasonings until everything is coated.
- Lay tortillas out and sprinkle a tablespoon of grated cheese on half of each, spread 1/4 of chicken mixture, then sprinkle another tablespoon of cheese. Fold over and press lightly.
- Cook over medium-low heat until all is warm and cheese is melted.