The Best Turkey Burger Recipe!
I am SO EXCITED to share this turkey burger recipe with you! I did not grow up eating these, nor have I ever been a huge fan of using ground turkey in place of beef in most things, but this method is so incredibly easy and delicious, I daresay I could do without a beef burger forever! And that’s almost a complete lie, but really, a turkey burger recipe this good only comes along once in a blue moon, you guys, so take full advantage.
The trick is putting the salt and pepper on the OUTSIDE. It gives it an awesome crust and keeps it moist and tender instead of chewy and dry. There is even science to back me up on this.
With this method you could do some low-carb open-faced burgers or wraps; you could do some no-carb lettuce wraps; or you could do like I did and just eat a whole damn bun. It’s up to you. I served thin-sliced raw, salted carrots alongside it to add crunch. I love crunch, you guys. And carrots are healthier than chips. Even I know that.
Watch recipe video for the best turkey burger recipe for more instruction!
And try my new turkey chili recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons salsa of your choosing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2–1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- For serving: 2 buns or wraps
- Topping: lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, salsa, ketchup, mustard
- Combine the turkey and salsa in a bowl and use your hands to mix it all up. Form into two patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle both sides of each patty liberally with salt and pepper.
- HEat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat with the oil until the oil is loose and shimmery. Swirl it around the pan to coat and put in your burgers.
- Let them cook, do not disturb, 2-3 minutes or until they release fairly easily from the pan. The underside will be well-browned.
- Flip. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook another 2 minutes or until juices are clear.
- Serve however you like, on buns or wraps or whatevs.